- Does intensive medical therapy (A1C 7.0) improve microvascular and macrovascular outcomes when compared to standard lifestyle interventions alone (A1C 7.9) in patients with type 2 diabetes?
- Does treatment of osteoporosis with annual zolendronic acid infusions reduce fracture risk in postmenopasual women?
- After 10 years of therapy, does intensive medical therapy improve macrovascular outcomes when compared to standard lifestyle interventions alone in patients with type 2 diabetes?
- After receiving zolendronic acid for the treatment of osteoporosis for 3 years, is there any additional benefit from extension of therapy to a total of 6 years in postmenopasual women?
- Does intensive insulin therapy (3+ injections) improve microvascular outcomes when compared to conventional insulin therapy (1-2 injections) in patients with type 1 diabetes?
- Does RANK ligand inhibition with denosumab decrease risk of fractures in women with osteoporosis?
- Does intensive insulin therapy improve macrovascular outcomes when compared to conventional insulin therapy in patients with type 1 diabetes?
New Zealand Osteopenia Trial
- Does treatment of osteopenia with bisphosphonates decrease risk of fractures in postmenopausal women?
- In critically ill, hospitalized patients with type 2 diabetes, is intensive blood glucose control (81-108) superior to conventional blood glucose control (< 180)?
- Do corticosteroids improve survival or increase the likelihood of shock reversal in patients with septic shock?
- In non-critically ill, hospitalized patients with type 2 diabetes, is a basal-bolus insulin regimen superior to a sliding scale insulin regimen?
Tolvaptan for Hyponatremia
- Does vasopressin V2-receptor antagonism with tolvaptan improve hyponatremia in patients with CHF, cirrhosis, or SIADH?
- Does GLP-1 agonism with liraglutide improve cardiovascular outcomes in patients with type 2 diabetes?
- Does SGLT2 inhibition with empagliflozin improve cardiovascular outcomes in patients with type 2 diabetes?
Chronic Autoimmune Thyroiditis Review
- In patients with type 2 diabetes and a BMI greater than 27, does surgical weight loss provide superior glycemic control compared to medical therapy alone?
Graves’ Disease Review
- In patients with insulin resistance but without diabetes who had a recent stroke or TIA, does improved insulin sensitivity with pioglitazone prevent subsequent strokes or myocardial infarctions?
- Does combination hormone replacement therapy in postmenopausal women decrease the risk of coronary heart disease?
Cushing’s Syndrome Review
Adrenal Incidentaloma Review