- Does IL-17A inhibition with secukinumab, which is superior to placebo and etanercept in the treatment of psoriasis, also improve symptoms of psoriatic arthritis?
Use of Oral Prednisolone or Naproxen for the Treatment of Gout
- Is the oral corticosteroid prednisolone superior to the NSAID naproxen for the reduction of pain in patients with acute gouty arthritis?
- Does IL-17A inhibition with secukinumab improve symptoms in ankylosing spondylitis, for which conventional DMARDs have not proven efficacious?
- Is febuxostat superior to allopurinol in lowering serum urate in patients with gout?
Methotrexate and Mortality in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Does the use of methotrexate in patients with rheumatoid arthritis reduce mortality from cardiovascular disease?
Long-Term Outcomes of Scleroderma Renal Crisis
- In patients with scleroderma renal crisis treated with ACE inhibitors, how many suffered early death or permanent dialysis?
Efficacy of B-Cell-Targeted Therapy with Rituximab in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Does B-cell depletion with rituximab improve symptoms in patients with rheumatoid arthritis compared to methotrexate alone?
Scleroderma Lung Study
- Does cyclophosphamide improve lung function in patients with alveolitis and scleroderma-related interstitial lung disease?
- Does the addition of TNF-alpha inhibition with etanercept to methotrexate in patients with early moderate-to-severe rheumatoid arthritis increase the rate of remission compared to methotrexate monotherapy?
Trial of Tocilizumab in Giant-Cell Arteritis
- Does IL-6a inhibition with tocilizumab increase the rate of sustained, glucocorticoid-free remission after prednisone taper in patients with GCA?
- Does the addition of IL-6a inhibition with tocilizumab to methotrexate in patients with early moderate-to-severe rheumatoid arthritis improve symptoms in more patients when compared to methotrexate monotherapy?
- Is B-cell depletion with rituximab superior to azathioprine in maintaining remission in patients with ANCA-associated vasculitides?
- Does inhibition of T cell activation with abatacept improve symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis in patients who had inadequate response to TNF-alpha inhibitors?
- Is B-cell depletion with rituximab superior to cyclophosphamide in inducing remission in patients with ANCA-associated vasculitides?
- Does intensive outpatient follow up (monthly) improve outcomes in rheumatoid arthritis compared to conventional outpatient follow up (every 3 months)?
Inflammatory Muscle Diseases (NEJM Review)
- Does hydroxychloroquine increase survival in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus?
Calcium Pyrophosphate Deposition Disease (NEJM Review)
- Is mycophenolate superior to azathioprine in preventing relapse of renal disease in patients with lupus nephritis who have achieved remission?